Author Topic: Another go at a CDP frontend  (Read 10329 times)

Xenakios

• View Profile
Re: Another go at a CDP frontend
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2016, 09:55:14 AM »
Sorry, no news about this yet, but working on this definitely is in my long term plans. Despite all the problems in the CDP programs, they still do have some processings that just are not available anywhere else. The frontend could also fairly easily be expanded to support newly written internally implemented audio processes as well as 3rd party plugins like VST and AU.

loganmcbroom

• View Profile
    • Music
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2016, 07:20:52 PM »
This looks really interesting, I think the data flow approach is a good way to go. If you're planning to release this freely would you consider making a github repo of it?

Xenakios

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2016, 10:21:31 PM »
This looks really interesting, I think the data flow approach is a good way to go. If you're planning to release this freely would you consider making a github repo of it?

It's been hosted in an open source repo (not in Github though) all this time but I haven't advertised that since I haven't wanted to give the impression it's something someone could just easily build and start using. It has problems like hardcoded file paths to my own filesystems, among other flaws.

loganmcbroom

• View Profile
    • Music
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2016, 02:17:37 AM »
Alright, makes sense. I was glad to hear you're using JUCE, I'll be ready to poke at it whenever you decide to put it out.

Xenakios

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2016, 07:38:53 AM »
I worked a bit on it again and added VST2 plugins hosting to the front-end. I didn't yet fix any of the problems that make the front-end unusable on other computers than mine. Maybe I'll look into those issues some day. Shouldn't be more than a couple of hours of work. However, there are additional problems that would require much more work to fix.

Xenakios

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2016, 08:53:13 PM »
Been making very good progress with this lately. A public beta might be possible soon... 8)

simonk

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2016, 07:32:44 AM »
Good news!

afta8

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2016, 07:33:27 PM »
Agreed, looking forward to this landing

Xenakios

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2016, 07:50:10 PM »
Still needs some tweaks before a public release. Might take a bit more time because I am also working on a new composition currently...

Xenakios

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2016, 02:35:42 AM »
Still working on this...

The source code repository is located at :

https://bitbucket.org/xenakios/cdp-front-end-mark-ii/commits/all

At the moment cloning/downloading the source code is not going to be very useful. Visual Studio and XCode projects are not yet in the repo and the .jucer file doesn't generate working projects either. I am still considering what I will do with the files needed for building the application. And of course endlessly procrastinating on giving out the ready to use binaries for the public...

Xenakios

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2016, 11:19:09 PM »
Still working on it. The scope of the application has increased quite a bit...It obviously needed for example a way to mix sounds together, but I felt the CDP facilities were a bit limited and clumsy to use. So I've worked on a basic multilane/track audio editing thing too... ???

The frontend does also to some extent support the old school CDP mix files and submix programs but I think most effort will go into making the new "mixer sequencer". (It will also have text/script based ways to create and manipulate the mix events besides the GUI/mouse style editing.)

simonk

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2016, 09:21:06 PM »
Coo, what a tease!

Xenakios

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2016, 09:55:58 PM »
Finally some videos with sound too :

http://youtu.be/hb-i3KUEO5Y

http://youtu.be/bTv_k7F7GQY

These don't yet showcase the CDP programs (apart from Modify Radical Reverse  :D ) , but I'll make a 3rd video soon where I will show more of the CDP stuff.

edit : CDP program demos video :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsmHBJ02HE8
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 02:29:29 PM by Xenakios »

loganmcbroom

• View Profile
    • Music
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2016, 04:06:41 AM »
Looking very usable. As always, looking forward to checking it out. Especially the vst support... I'll have to start adding that to my own project when I have the chance.

afta8

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2016, 12:48:30 PM »
This looks amazing! Especially now you are looking at hourglass integration.

Do you need any beta testers? ;)

I'm presuming you have lua embedded in this now? If so, then it would be super cool if you enabled some kind of 'roll your own effects' feature. Once you have the sample data in a lua table it's quite easy to code custom effects in lua. I have this planned for the Renoise tool and have adapted bits of DSP code into lua, right now I have a biquad filter and various distortions.. also more stuff could be adapted from protoplug (http://www.osar.fr/protoplug/)..