Author Topic: Run Mix Failed  (Read 2264 times)

MarceloCarneiro

• View Profile
Run Mix Failed
« on: July 09, 2020, 09:20:00 PM »
Hi. Hope you're all ok. I cannot run my mixes and don't know why. The messages I get from Soundloom are: BATCH Process failed submix cdptest0.txt cdptest1 ERROR: cannot open cdptest1
Mac High Sierra
i7
16gb
MacMIni End 2012

Thanks

justinbennett

• View Profile
Re: Run Mix Failed
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2020, 04:53:14 PM »
Hi, don't you just need to specify that you want a .wav file as output?
(I had that problem in another context)
best wishes, Justin

Marcelo Carneiro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2020, 02:28:59 PM »
Hi, thanks. I will try that, but I'm not sure this is the problem. I am just trying to listen to the whole score in sequence and Soundloom replies saying it cannot do it because of missing cdptest0.txt.
Thank you

ArcherCDP

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2020, 07:24:18 PM »
Hello,

I've been looking at this today, especially as I haven't tried to run a batch file from within Sound Loom before -- I tend to use the command line / terminal for this.

After several boss shots in which my mixfile 'could not be found', I finally realised that the full patch to the batch file has to be used in the batch file.  I had my mixfiletest.mix in c:/p3l/aesrcs and used GRAB to put it on the Workspace, where it showed the full path, but this wasn't enough for the batch process.  When my batch file read:  submix mix c:/p3l/aesrcs/mixfiletest.mix outfilename.wav  (and the mixfile itself included the full path to the soundfiles -- even if they had also been GRABed to the Workspace), the BATCH process ran OK and produced an output soundfile.

I could not duplicate the exact error message re cdptest0.wav  cdptest1 that you posted.

However, a message saying that it cannot open cdptest0.wav will occur if the environment variable CDP_SOUND_EXT has not been set (to wav as the 'value').   If you are running the Version 7.1 CDP program set, however, this should no longer be necessary.

Please check:
a) that you are running the 7.1 program set (dates of the programs will be mostly 2016)
b) or set the environment variable as above
c) and that the mixfile and batchfile both include full paths, as described above.

I hope this helps!

Archer - CDP