Author Topic: Any others studying (or at least playing with) Sound Loom?  (Read 2391 times)

joehuergo

• very personal text
    • View Profile
    • SoundCloud
Any others studying (or at least playing with) Sound Loom?
« on: September 17, 2019, 11:13:25 PM »
I've been toying with and learning CDP/Sound Loom on and off the past 2 1/2 years, but in the past month I've finally gotten to the tipping point where I use nearly all my free time now studying the Sound Loom. I was wondering if there's anyone else out there who is studying this interface! I'd just like to share thoughts with anyone who is, either in this thread or on Discord if you have it (my username is MixMastaCopyCat#3495)

Sound Loom is very wild and peculiar. It's so terribly unfriendly, but at the same time so packed with useful features.

I think one of the big overarching questions with this I've been looking to solve is "how do summon the data files of the right format to run this specific process?"
I used to naively assume that the specific forms of datafiles required by different processes each had processes that'd generate them.
Now I have learned that in fact, save some convenient cases like how peak extraction allows you to format the output for filter bank, most of the time you are expected to reorganize, convert and/or splice together the data in the table editor.
Luckily, the table editor is at least rather robust once you get digging into it.

I still have a very, very long way to go. Lots of nooks and crannies in this interface!