Author Topic: Renoise Interface  (Read 2257 times)

Marcelo Carneiro

• View Profile
Renoise Interface
« on: January 14, 2021, 07:20:48 PM »
Hi, I beleived this is not a new thread, but please check it out. I am trying (again) to run CDP Renoise interface on Ubuntu Studio (20.04), but as always I cannot run any CDP programs. I always receive the message that my settings could be incorrect and so on. Ok. I have reinstalled CDP using the tutorial made for linux: install libaaio, install programs with makeprograms.sh. Everything seems fine until I test the installation typing ./blur in the terminal as the tutorial teaches us. It was supposed to identify blur, its version, its correlation with CDP and so on, but the only thing that shows up on the terminal is "blur is a directory". This happens if I am running the terminal from dev directory, but if I do that from $HOME it simply says "bash: ./blur File or directory not found".
So I am starting to beleive that the problem running Renoise CDP interface is with CDP installation itself.
I have checked /usr/local/lib and libaaio-0.3.1 is already there as it is supposed to. Release directory inseid dev directory presents some programs: abfdcode, abfpan, abfpan2,channelx,chorder,chxformat,copysfx, fmdcode, interlx, njoin, nmix,rmsinfo and sfprops; and thats it.
The dev directory has many folders (directories, programs?), 43 in all, including...blur
But when typing ./blur in the terminal, nothing seems to happen.
Any help? Please?
Thank you a lot, be safe, hope you all have a better year.

MarceloCarneiro

• View Profile
Re: Renoise Interface
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2021, 02:35:14 AM »
does anyone replies in this forum?

loganmcbroom

• View Profile
    • Music
Re: Renoise Interface
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2021, 08:43:28 AM »
The forum is live, but very very slow. There is a discord channel with a much faster response time here: https://discord.gg/QmQuJKB

Some people on the forum with in-depth knowledge of CDP, however, aren't on the discord. Those people will likely see your post and reply, eventually.

Sorry to say, I've got nothing on your actual question.